Mighty Buffalo Band - latest News
Week of 9/7/2020 - Information Sheet.
Giddings Buffalo Band Upcoming Events and General Information
Tuesday - 9/7 - Friday 9/1
- Rehearsals will begin each day at 7:45 AM on the grid (parking lot).
- Consider the personal time needed to be in place on time.
- For marching rehearsals, always have:
- Your own water supply
- ALL music, flip folder, and lyre
- Instrument / Equipment
- Appropriate clothing and shoes
Note: Front ensemble will need some help daily getting equipment both before and after rehearsal. Many hands make light work.
Polos and Printed Masks (these are the ones ordered with the show shirts) have arrived. They need to be picked up and signed for.
Friday - 9/11 - Football @ Taylor
- Bus assignments will remain the same as last week.
- One person per seat, masks to be worn at all times.
- Call time in BH is 5:00 (15 minutes earlier than for Columbus) - Each student will need to make arrangements for a meal on their own between the end of school and call time.
- Uniforms will be the Polo, Khaki shorts (much better last Friday), with a belt (SEVERAL out of compliance), black or white socks, and tennis shoes.
- We plan to use this uniform until district games begin on 10/9, at which time we will switch to black pants and marching shoes.
- ETA back home after the game is 11:45PM (Assuming no lightning delays or overtimes)
There will be no mandatory full band evening rehearsals until next week.
Band Staff Bios
Brian Stewart, Band Director
Mr. Brian Stewart is beginning his 20th year in Giddings TX, and 28th year of teaching overall. This is his 6th year as Director of the High School Band after serving 14 years as Middle School Band Director. He earned a Bachelor of Music degree from Texas Tech University in 1993, where he marched with the Goin’ Band From Raiderland, played with the Court Jesters Basketball Band, was a member of, and held offices in, Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, and studied piano with Dr. Laura Deahl and trombone with Mr. Robert Deahl. He is currently a member of Texas Music Educators Association, the Association of Texas Small School Bands, and Texas Bandmasters Association. Mr. Stewart would like to thank his wife, Jill, and daughters Allison and Paige, for their patience and support.
Mr. Anthony Tiger, Assistant/Middle School Director
Mr. Tiger is starting his 6th year in Giddings. He earned his degree from Southeastern Oklahoma State University, and taught in Oklahoma and Austin prior to Giddings.
Mrs. Rachel Loyd, Color Guard
Rachel Loyd is thrilled and honored to join the Giddings High School Band family this year. Prior to her appointment as a High School Science teacher and Color Guard Director at Giddings, Mrs. Loyd has been teaching color guard since 2011. She has worked with several color guard, winter guard, and indoor drumline programs in Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Washington, Montana, and Texas.
Mrs. Loyd graduated in 2019 with a B.A. in Anthropology with an emphasis in Biological Anthropology and Forensics from Idaho State University where she was Captain of the ISU Color Guard, a founding member of the Nu Epsilon chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, and Program Coordinator for the Fiero Independent Winter Guard. She also performed with the Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps.