Mighty Buffalo Band - latest News
Monday - 11/9 - Thursday 11/12
- Rehearsals will begin each day at 7:45 AM on the grid (parking lot).
Tuesday 11/10 - 6-8:30 - Evening rehearsal (mandatory)
Thursday - 11/12 - Playoff Football v. Manor New Tech @ Smithville
- Call time = 5:15, ETA home = 11:30
- Uniform - FULL UNIFORM
- Show or section shirt and solid black, dress code appropriate athletic shorts are horn under the uniform.
- Solid Black calf length (or longer) socks
- Marching shoes
- “Giddings Band” face mask (purchased with the T-shirt) OR a SOLID BLACK face covering.
- NO VISIBLE JEWELRY while in uniform.
- Hair must fit under the hat.
Friday - 11/13 - Class will start at 8:10
- Possible full uniform dress rehearsal immediately after school - no more than 1 hour.
- If you have not yet paid for shirts and shoes, please do so as soon as possible.
- NOW is the time to get started preparing for region band audition.
Band Staff Bios
Brian Stewart, Band Director
Mr. Brian Stewart is beginning his 20th year in Giddings TX, and 28th year of teaching overall. This is his 6th year as Director of the High School Band after serving 14 years as Middle School Band Director. He earned a Bachelor of Music degree from Texas Tech University in 1993, where he marched with the Goin’ Band From Raiderland, played with the Court Jesters Basketball Band, was a member of, and held offices in, Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, and studied piano with Dr. Laura Deahl and trombone with Mr. Robert Deahl. He is currently a member of Texas Music Educators Association, the Association of Texas Small School Bands, and Texas Bandmasters Association. Mr. Stewart would like to thank his wife, Jill, and daughters Allison and Paige, for their patience and support.
Mr. Anthony Tiger, Assistant/Middle School Director
Mr. Tiger is starting his 6th year in Giddings. He earned his degree from Southeastern Oklahoma State University, and taught in Oklahoma and Austin prior to Giddings.
Mrs. Rachel Loyd, Color Guard
Rachel Loyd is thrilled and honored to join the Giddings High School Band family this year. Prior to her appointment as a High School Science teacher and Color Guard Director at Giddings, Mrs. Loyd has been teaching color guard since 2011. She has worked with several color guard, winter guard, and indoor drumline programs in Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Washington, Montana, and Texas.
Mrs. Loyd graduated in 2019 with a B.A. in Anthropology with an emphasis in Biological Anthropology and Forensics from Idaho State University where she was Captain of the ISU Color Guard, a founding member of the Nu Epsilon chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, and Program Coordinator for the Fiero Independent Winter Guard. She also performed with the Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps.