CHILD NUTRITION DEPARTMENT
Welcome to Chartwells @ Giddings ISD School Dining Services. Our goal is to provide the best-quality food for each student every day.
Chartwells' menus are built to support the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and use recipes that taste great and are lower in fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. Our menus also provide whole grains, fruits, vegetables and appropriate portion sizes for all age groups. We analyze our recipes for nutrient content and food values using a food-base menu planning and analysis program that complies with child nutrition guidelines for the National School Breakfast & Lunch programs.
In order to serve our students better, we offer Breakfast at all or campuses daily to make sure students start the day off right.
Please email us anytime with questions or comments.
Giddings ISD, in partnership with Chartwells K12, is now using Nutrislice to publish the school menus to a new interactive website and a free smartphone app! Now you can access your menus anywhere, anytime! Click the School Menus link (left) to check out the new site, or download the app to your smartphone for mobile access.
New easy-to-use features include:
- More information about menu items, including a photo and description
- Filter for common food allergens like nuts, wheat and dairy
- A translation feature to translate your menus into a number of different languages
- Access to nutrition information like carb counts and calories with just a few clicks!
LUNCH ACCOUNT REIMBURSEMENT FORM
If you need your child's meal account reimbursed, please fill out the attached form<link needed> and return to the Child Nutrition Office.
“Our experience is in educational dining service - but we do more than just feed hungry students; we practice a single-minded commitment to building strong bodies and sharp minds and establishing the foundation for a long, healthier life.”
Apply online at:
- Click the blue Hourly tab
- Click bottom left Foodservice tab
- Click Search Foodservice Jobs
- Enter zip code for Giddings 78942 in Advanced Search field.